Are You a Coach Who’d Like to Get More Clients Faster?
Has it been difficult for you to get clients?
People aren’t responding to “I am a coach” or “I help people grow their business” for you business coaches, or “I help people turn their lives around” if you are a life coach.
Here’s the reason . . . marketing that works is never about you, your products, or your services.
So, what in the world do you talk about then? I’d bet that you are standing there dumbfounded. And it’s because you always thought that when you go to sell what you do you have to justify to everyone that YOU are the answer to their problems, and that YOUR SERVICES are their answer, or YOUR PRODUCTS. And that you had to tell them all about them to sell your coaching.
Well you, and 100’s of thousands of other failing coaches are totally wrong.
So what is the answer?
I’m going to give you two VERY IMPORTANT ideas. And they WILL turn your business totally around IF you get them right, and get them right for your specific target prospects.
After you have identified a very specific kind of client, THEN you can answer the questions needed to connect with them.
- What is their biggest pain?
- What’s the emotional side of that pain? How does it make them feel?
- What is the measurable result (the value) that they will get from you.
In other words, marketing your coaching business is NEVER about you, your products or services, it’s only about what the prospect wants and needs to solve hs worst nightmare problem. And what is that measurable result (not an action) that he will get from you for working with you.
Here’s what typical coaches say when someone asks them what they do.
- I’m a coach (or life coach, business coach, career coach, or whatever kind of coach. It’s still a label and means NOTHING to your prosect.)
- I help ______ (naming who)________ (naming an actoin). In other words I help small businesses grow.
Those just plain DON’T work. They aren’t even coming close to what your prospects are looking for, so it doesn’t turn them on.
There are three levels of marketing success.
- Doesn’t work at all (those statements you’ve made before, and are mentioned above)
- Generates some interest (can get people to raise their heads a bit, and say, what’s that?” These people YOU are still CHASING, but you can get them looking up . . . on occasion.
- The last approach has them jumping up and down with excitement because they REALLY WANT that. These people will CHASE after you.
Compare those statements to the following, and tell me which ones GRAB you, and I MEAN grab you not just get your interest up a little.
- I work with business owners who just can’t get enough clients . . . and my clients will be on their way to at least $100K within a couple of months. Is that something you’d like to do? (for a business coach)
- I work with IT Execs who are afraid they are on the way out . . . and my clients move up in the organization 1-2 levels within the next 3-6 months. (for a career coach)
Would you like to find your marketing message that literally turns your marketing around from “gee what’s that you said?” to them CHASING you to get that rare time slot in your schedule.
What we discussed above was the START. A marketing message used properly is for nothing more than GETTING THEIR ATTENTION.
Just stop and think: if the very first thing that comes out of your mouth (or that appears in your printed marketing materials, or your website) doesn’t GET THEIR ATTENTION they aren’t listening to the rest of what you say.
So, it starts there, and you’ve got to keep that attention, and turn it through a series of well thought out steps through the AIDA formula
Action (call to action)
So, when you get their attention around something that is important to them, and not about you, the first thing that will happen is they will start paying attention to what you say next.
And, as you see above, we’ve got some other thoughts to lead them through, to get them even more excited to hire you. Miss these points and you are standing there wondering “What happened? I’m sure I told them how good I was. Didn’t they listen?” No they didn’t.
Don’t know how to do that?
Would you like to develop a really powerful way of getting clients to actually CHASE after you?
Join in our weekly emails that will show you ways to get more people wanting to talk, and to turn more than 50% of them into coaching clients
To Your Coaching Business New Level of Success
The $100K Small Business Coach
Shortcuts to your first $100K (and many, many more) in coaching/consulting/training within a couple of months